A fully qualified Massage Therapist for over 20 years. I hold APNT Diplomas in Anatomy & Physiology, Sports Injury Massage, Remedial Massage, Swedish Massage, Seated Acupressure Massage and Integrated Myofascial Release Techniques. I have also studied in the USA under John F Barnes, PT – an acknowledged expert in Myofascial Release.
Which means I am an advanced therapist trained to very high standards of skill, practice, knowledge and care. I am also a massage tutor and assessor.
- I am originally from the Lake District where my previous career began as a Receptionist in a large 4 star hotel for 3 years, followed by 3 years in an Advertising Agency before moving to Exeter where I spent 6 years in the motor industry at Bridge Motorcycles and the Chrysler Jeep & Ferrari Maserati dealership (No, I didn’t get a company car)!
- I then took time out to travel extensively around Asia and Europe. On returning to Devon I have been expanding my knowledge with more advanced massage and bodywork training ever since and I am now a full time therapist with an ever growing practice in East Devon.
I have many years experience in customer care and people often remark how quickly they feel at ease with me.
- I am registered with the British Complementary Medicine Association (BCMA) where I am bound to a professional code of ethics and practice.
- I continue my professional development with post-graduate training and further study to improve your health and well being. I have invested a great deal of time and money to improve my knowledge and skills. I believe we never stop learning and I feel blessed to have found my passion in bodywork which gives me a great deal of job satisfaction.
- My most recent advanced hands-on training was in March 2023 where I enhanced my cranial expertise with John F Barnes, PT’s new seminar the ‘Fascial Cranium’. I learned unique Myofascial Release principles and techniques to increase physiologic function, enhance cognition and decrease headaches, cervical sinus and TMJ pain. This has proved to be well worth the trip to Arizona, with some great results back in clinic.
I have been a massage tutor and examiner at the School of Bodywork in Exeter for 4 years and have a City & Guilds certificate in Teacher Training (PTLLS).
“A very enjoyable and informative course, very practical and hands on. Helen is an excellent teacher” PW
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course which was brilliantly taught! Will certainly recommend to others” GD